Re: Sorting headers in message viewer ?

On 2007-10-19 22:28 +0000, Dave Evans wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 09:42:53PM +0200, Andre Majorel wrote:
> > Collecting the names of all the headers in either email, sorting
> > them and feeding them to hdr_order is as time-consuming as the
> > shell hackery I'm doing now and it's more error-prone.
>
> Yeah, but your config (loaded at startup, or when you invoked a
> macro) could name many headers, not just the ones in the two
> emails in question; thus, you'd only need to edit the hdr_order
> list when you see (enough of) a header that you haven't already
> added.

Oh god. Manually maintaining a list of headers... Yes, I could.
But I won't. :-)

> > Now, if hdr_order was able to intepret lack of an argument as
> > "sort everything in alphabetical order"... Or perhaps a trailing
> > "*" as "sort any other headers in alphabetical order"...
>
> That would indeed be useful.  Or regexps (e.g. hdr_order ^List- ^X-).

Now that would be elegant. All the headers that match the same
argument are sorted by alphabetical order. Simple, powerful and
general. Make it implicitly anchored (arg -> ^arg$) and it's even
compatible with the current syntax. Beautiful.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.