Flagged messages with mairix

Hi,

I just finished setting up mairix, and it seems pretty good. In particular, I
like the feature that I can view flagged messages from all the mailboxes in one
list. One feature that I think would be nice to have, is the ability to make
the changes to the flag stick to the original mailbox. For example, if I
unflag/ flag a message in the search result (which is a temp mailbox), the
corresponding changes should be visible in the original mailbox.

Does anyone know if there is some existing script that does this?

I am using maildirs everywhere, so just changing the filename of the
corresponding file should do it for me. In the case of mboxes though, you would
need to manipulate the X-Status header. So I guess writing a script that does
this should be fairly easy, but I dont want to reinvent the wheel.

--
Regards,
Ajeet