Re: pattern aliases

On 11Oct2007 23:29, dv1445@xxxxxxxxx <dv1445@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Thus spake Michael Hendricks [10/11/07 @ 21.19.15 -0600]:
| > Is it possible to create
| > aliases for commonly used patterns? [...]
| > my .muttrc
| >
| >     pattern_alias foo (~f example.org | ~f sample.com) ~s foo !~s PATCH
| >
| > and then just limit my messages to the pattern "foo".  Is something
| > similar possible?
|
| I just tried this:
|
| macro editor *foo "some stuff here"
|
| and it expanded after I hit 'l' for limit.  Maybe that's not so elegant,
| but it seems to work just fine.

Yeah. For a real world example, I have this one:

  macro index y "<limit>~h ^^x-label:.*" "limit by X-Label header"

to easily commence a "limit by X-Label: header" limit.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

You want to have consistent and uniform muscle development across all of
your muscles? It can't be done. It's just a fact of life.  You just  have to
accept inconsistent muscle development as an unalterable condition of weight
training.       - Response to Arthur Jones, who solved the "unsolvable"
                  problem by inventing Nautilus.