pattern aliases

I was unable to find an answer to this question on the wiki, in the
manual or in the mailing list archives.  Is it possible to create
aliases for commonly used patterns?  For instance, when I begin working
on project "foo", I often start by limiting my messages to something
like "(~f example.org | ~f sample.com) ~s foo !~s PATCH"  It gets
tedious to type that each time.  I'd like to put something like this in
my .muttrc

    pattern_alias foo (~f example.org | ~f sample.com) ~s foo !~s PATCH

and then just limit my messages to the pattern "foo".  Is something
similar possible?

Thank you.

--
Michael