Re: Generate Reply / New Mail in new shell session

On 03.10.2007 (21:57), Joseph wrote:
> It would be nice if it was possible to start a New Email or Replies in a new
> shell session and close it
> automatically when a mail is sent, without, going through postpone.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> Sometimes I have to look up/collect some information from several older
> emails so this kind of functionality
> would really be handy.

I was missing that functionality too. I solved it the other way
around: open a new instance of mutt. It's a one-keypress thing (I have
a desktop keyboard shortcut win-m set up to run xterm -e mutt), and
the effect is, I believe, the same as what you describe. One thing I
can't do that way is to tag several messages and add them to what I'm
replying to, but how often do I do that...?

Eyolf

--
Life does not begin at the moment of conception or the moment of birth.
It begins when the kids leave home and the dog dies.