[SOLVED] Re: mutt / postfix / relayhost

On 10/01/07 10:47, Chris Bannister wrote:
[snip]
> > In muttrc I have:
> > set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
>
> I don't have that setting in my .muttrc
>
> It is a compile time setting
> What is the output of:
> mutt -v | grep sendmail
>
> for me it is:
> SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
>
> Did you compile mutt yourself?
>
> Check your logs for any error messages.
>
> I'm guessing that you need to use the smtp server of the isp you are
> connected to. I don't think they'd throw your mail in the bit bucket.
> They are probably rejecting it.
>
> Which distribution are you using?
> Can you rec mail?
>
> I was sharing a computer using two ISP's. It was easy, with 'pppconfig'
> to create two ISP accounts to use with 'pon' but I never got around to
> figuring out how to automatically associate an smtp server for a given
> pon command. (I cheated, and edited the appropriate field.) I'm guessing
> that is at least one of your problems.
>
> Also, unfortunately, this is not the list to discuss postfix. There is a
> ... ta daaaah! ... yup you guessed it ... a ... postfix-users mailing
> list. Well, I presume it still exists.
>
> --
> Chris.
> ======

It is solved.
My problem was muttrc setting I was missing these two lines from the config.
set use_from=yes
set use_envelope_from=yes

Yes, I compile mutt myself, it is Gentoo so I compile all distribution :-)
When I enabled mail.loging I realized I have a problem with my muttrc.

> set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail"
is just a MTA it already install on my machine so why not use it.

--
#Joseph