Re: mutt / postfix / relayhost

On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 05:26:54PM -0600, Joseph wrote:
> relayhost=<my_isp smtp_server_which_is_shaw_cable> directive in
> /etc/postfix/main.cf
> and that is working OK with evolution.  syscon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
> evolution is set to use "sendmail".
> Email going out from mutt under: syscon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx I think is being
> redirected to /dev/null on my ISP end that is why I don't see it coming
> back to me.
>
> email going out from mutt to my current business email (shaw_cable) is
> going out just fine.
> In muttrc I have:
> set sendmail="/usr/sbin/sendmail"

I don't have that setting in my .muttrc

It is a compile time setting
What is the output of:
mutt -v | grep sendmail

for me it is:
SENDMAIL="/usr/sbin/sendmail"

Did you compile mutt yourself?

Check your logs for any error messages.

I'm guessing that you need to use the smtp server of the isp you are
connected to. I don't think they'd throw your mail in the bit bucket.
They are probably rejecting it.

Which distribution are you using?
Can you rec mail?

I was sharing a computer using two ISP's. It was easy, with 'pppconfig'
to create two ISP accounts to use with 'pon' but I never got around to
figuring out how to automatically associate an smtp server for a given
pon command. (I cheated, and edited the appropriate field.) I'm guessing
that is at least one of your problems.

Also, unfortunately, this is not the list to discuss postfix. There is a
... ta daaaah! ... yup you guessed it ... a ... postfix-users mailing
list. Well, I presume it still exists.

--
Chris.
======