Re: my_hdr From

* Joseph <syscon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-28-07 12:43]:
> On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 12:27 +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
 [...]
> > 2. make sure $use_from is set
>
> What does it do? Initially I was following Gentoo guide (has some
> errors as well) but i couldn't find this "$use_from" definition in
> setup files.

apparently not looking hard enough.  From 'man muttrc':

      use_from
             Type: boolean
             Default: yes

             When set, Mutt will generate the From:' header field when
             sending messages. If unset, no From:' header field will
             be generated unless the user explicitly sets one using
             the “my_hdr” command.

> > 3. make sure $envelope_from resp. use_envelope_from is set
>
> Again what this one do?

... again, 'man muttrc' contains your answer.