Re: Creating folders in IMAP - how?

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 07:14:40AM -0600, Colby W. wrote:
> On Wed Sep 26, 2007 at 12:41:18PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> > How does one create new folders (as in places to save new mailboxes)
> > when using IMAP?
> >
> > E.g. I want to create a folder called 'howTos' in which I will save
> > several distinct mailboxes called, say, 'build', 'links', etc.
> >
> > If it's of relevance this is on an MS Exchange server with IMAP
> > access.
> >
> > --
> > Chris Green
>
> Use 'c' then '?' to pull up a list of known folders, then use 'C' to
> create a new one. You may also need to add a list of your mailboxes to
> .muttrc or source a separate file. For example:

... but that creates a mailbox, I want to create a folder in which I
can put other mailboxes.

Mutt knows about folders (as oppsoed to mailboxes) in IMAP as it marks
them in the directory listing with a '+' sign.

Aha, but what you can do is create "ABC/ABC123" which will create a
'folder' ABC with a mailbox ABC123 in it which is what I want.

> # ~/.muttrc
> source "~/.mutt/mutt_mailboxes"
>
> # ~/.mutt/mutt_mailboxes
> mailboxes "imap://user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/IMAPFolderName1"
> mailboxes "imap://user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/IMAPFolderName2"

I don't seem to need to add any mailboxes commands, navigation once
I've created the folders works as I expect.

Thanks for the hint in the right direction.

--
Chris Green