Re: More on non-ascii chars in headers

On 25.09.2007 (04:13), Jiang Qian wrote:
> > Not so nice to look at... Is there still some setting I should
> > make/change, or is this down to marc.info's inability to handle
> > unicode characters?
> Your name appears(including "Ø)" fine on my mutt display. My default
> encoding is unicode($LANG=en_US.UTF-8). Of course I cannot be sure for
> other "inferior" clients, but this is not the place to ask about outlook
> or thunderbird for I assume everyone on this list is using mutt:)

Just to be clear: this was how it appeared in the web interface of the
marc.info list search. The name appears fine in all mail clients I've
tried it on, so I'm guessing that marc.info doesn't do the character
conversion thoroughly enough or something.

A tall, dark stranger will have more fun than you.