Re: one macro to save many messages in different folders?

On Sunday, September 23 at 12:17 AM, quoth M. Fioretti:
>> macro index ,s '<tag-pattern>~h ?List-id Centos<enter>\
>>                  <tag-prefix><save-message>+centos<enter>\
>>                  <tag-pattern>~h ?List-id OpenOffice<enter>\
>>                  <tag-prefix><save-message>+openoffice<enter>\
>>                  <tag-pattern>~h ?List-id someotherlist<enter>\
>>                  <tag-prefix><save-message>+someotherlist'
>
>Thanks for the pointer, but I must be still missing something. First
>of all, the syntax above doesn't work here when I test the tag-pattern

I was just copying your syntax, assuming that you'd at least gotten
the tag patterns to do what you wanted.

>When I put everything together in a macro, with or without the comma
>after "macro index":
>
>macro index ,S '<tag-pattern>~h "List-Id: CentOS mailing
>list"<enter><tag-prefix><save-message>+2007.09.centos<enter><tag-pattern>~h
>"Mailing-List: contact
>users-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"<enter><tag-prefix><save-message>+2007.09.oo_users'
>
>something happens, but is not what I want.

Well, that should be pretty close, but let's build it up from the
basics first. First, try this macro:

macro index ,S '<tag-pattern>~h "List-Id: CentOS mailing list"<enter>'

Does that tag all the right messages? Next, add the next piece:

macro index ,S '<tag-pattern>~h "List-Id: CentOS mailing
list"<enter><tag-prefix><save-message>'

That should bring up a save-message prompt. Does it? If it does, add
the next piece:

macro index ,S '<tag-pattern>~h "List-Id: CentOS mailing
list"<enter><tag-prefix><save-message>+2007.09.centos<enter>'

Now what does that do?

Follow the same process to build up the rest of the macro, and figure
out where it's going wrong.

~Kyle
- --
                                                       -- Henry Spencer