Re: save-message from a reply-hook

=- martin f krafft wrote on Sat  4.Aug'07 at 12:38:01 +0200 -=

> When I receive a mail, I might reply, which causes the reply to be
> written to 'store', and if I don't forget, I'll then file the
> received message there too.
>
> But I do occasionally forget. Thus I would like to automate the
> saving and I thought to myself: reply-hook!
>
> However, reply-hook <regex> '<save-message>=store\n' does not work
> and complains that <save-message>=store\n is an unknown command.

a) "reply-hook" parameter #2 is a muttrc cmd, not a keyboard
function.

b) Even with the right syntax this probably wouldn't work as
intended, because it's not executed after you complete the reply but
when you begin it. No idea what state that is and how interaction
"pushed" there would interfere.

c) In that case you could aswell use a macro to replace "reply" with
"<save-message>...<enter><reply>"

See http://WIKI.mutt.org/?MuttGuide -> /Syntax + /Actions (and all
the rest, too ;), and also DebugConfig for clues about quoting and
hooks.

> Short of rebinding the r/g/L reply keys to macros, can you think of
> other approaches?

mbox-hook, fcc-hook.