Re: off-topic posting (was OT: offending sig + headers)

* Do not Cc: me, because I am on THIS list, if I write here.        *
* Keine Cc: an mich, bin auf DIESER Liste wenn ich hier schreibe.   *
* Ne me mettez pas en Cc:, je suis sur CETTE liste, si j'ecris ici. *

Am 2007-05-19 17:11:46, schrieb Rado S:
> - Publicly posed requests deserve public responses, sending private

It depends, since sometime responses are OFF-TOPIC
and should be answered OFF-LIST per PM.

> - There is no need for private contact as long as the member doesn't
>       harm the functionality of the public service or its members.
>       If there are personal complaints worth doing something about
>       it, then inspecting a "how to contact privately" won't kill
>       your intention, and then do it off-list.
>       If that fails, contact the list-owner for help.
>       Using an invalid/ blackholed personal addr is _not_ harmful
>       for the purpose of the mailing list.

This IS YOUR opinion!

If you have ONLY MAIL-ACCESS and now Web-Access like me over my GSM-
Provider, you are fucked!  (I can not get ADSL or POT where I live)

> - While Derek over-reacted and before it was his turn, I ask
>       everyone who _starts_ off-topic requests to put an
>       invitation on a topical list for interested parties to come
>       over to mutt-ot and set appropriate MFT+RT headers.
>       Derek just made things worse where others failed at first,
>       it wasn't a single person's fault when things went bad.

Since I do not want to be spamed from <mutt-ot> I am not subscribed and
my first answer to your message was rejected.  So I send to <mutt-users>.

> - There are on-topic places to discuss what is off-topic for mutt-
>       related places. You have mutt-ot as a _convenience offer_
>       not to have to search for the proper on-topic places.
>       Using it doesn't cost you much but helps reducing spam for
>       everyone else.
>       If interested parties don't want to follow, they aren't
>       interested enough, and non-interested parties shouldn't be
>       spammed for their short-comming.
>       (not all have broadband + flatrates, yet)

You have samed me with a Mail on which I can not respond.
This OFFEND me!

> - everyone else: Derek has made up his mind and decided the best way
>       for him without harming anyone else: it may be inconvenient
>       that you can't simply hit 'r' to send him a private msg for
>       a _public request_, but there is no requirement for it, as
>       long as you can reach him at reasonable time.

It cost me money IF I WANT TO CONTACT HIM privately...
(E-Mail is free for me, but Web-Searches and such are not)

> As much as fighting spam asks for non-traditional ways of dealing
> with it, so does ML/OT handling.  Don't become a spammer yourself.

I hate spamers and I hate peoples like Derek.  If I send a message
I get every time from stupid peoples like him tonns of SPAM back.
This IS OFFENDING!

> All of you please think before you post, and use mutt-ot where it
> applies. I don't mean to kill creative and interesting discussions

And WHY should I subscribe to a Spam-List for Topics,
I am not interested in?

> or simple administrative meta discussions about the lists. I just
> ask you not to annoy (==spam) those not interested in this, since
> they haven't asked for it.

I have NOT ASK for a message coming from <mutt-ot>
ON WHICH I CAN NOT RESPOND!  --  You have spamed me!

Greetings
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)