Re: Apple mail

Hello Brian,

 On Tuesday, May 15, 2007 at 17:14:06 +1000, Brian Salter-Duke wrote:

> Could anyone suggest the best way to cleanup this sort of mail? I have
> recently received two from different people. It is a mess. The html is
> not an attachment.

    You cuted out the main header, where the problem lies: Please post
it (or privately to me if you prefer). It has probably been munged on
your mail path. Apple Mail is well known for its various brokenesses,
but AFAICS not this one...

    Workaround for this mail: Select the mail in index, and do:

| <edit-type><kill-line>multipart/alternative;
boundary=Apple-Mail-1-1070581217<Enter>

    In default bindings, that's ^E^U... Note there are still some QP
glitches (=E1) in the quoted text, but I guess they are really there
from the beginning.

Bye!    Alain.
--
« if you believe the Content-Type header, I've got a bridge to sell you. »