Re: Is merging threads possible?

* Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx> [04-04-2007 11:43]:

> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 11:26:08AM +0200, René Clerc wrote:
> > * Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx> [04-04-2007 11:18]:
> >
> > > I often find threads get split (especially at work) and/or two threads
> > > are actually about the same subject.  Is it possible to merge threads
> > > in mutt?
> >
> > It's called the linking of threads, and in mutt this is done by
> > tagging the message, moving to the new parent, and (by default), press
> > '&' to link the threads.  In addition, a '#' (again, by default)
> > breaks a thread at that point.
> >
> Thank you, is this a new facility in 1.5.x?  I have a default Fedora
> Core 6 installation with mutt 1.4.2.2i at present.  I'm quite happy
> (and able) to upgrade mutt and this might well give me a good excuse
> to do it!

The edit-thread patch was applied to the 1.5 branch a while a go.  It
is definately not present in an unpatched 1.4.  You should indeed
upgrade to a recent 1.5, I guess, since there has been much
development and improvement lately.

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

Retteb sif lahd, noces ehttub, but the second half is better.
-A palindrome