quick view of mailboxes, selective mailboxes for use with -Z

=- Matt Rechkemmer wrote on Fri 15.Dec'06 at  7:12:25 -0700 -=

> 1) I use change-folder (c) quite a bit in my daily mail reading.
> I greatly prefer the mailboxes view over the directory view. Is
> there anyway I can make the mailboxes display be the first? I'm
> merely trying to avoid having to hit tab after c-?, so if I
> can't do it, it's not a big deal.

Use macros, see wiki -> ConfigList for samples.
But your request sounds like a FAQ, so have a look there, too, 1st.

> 2) In my .muttrc, I have the "mailboxes" section in order so I
> can switch to the most important mailbox with new mail. I'll
> frequently use mutt's -Z option to avoid opening mutt when I
> have no new mail. My question is, is there anyway to have
> certain mailboxes *be* mailboxes (e.g., mailboxes =smith) while
> not being looked at by the -Z option?

Untested, maybe some _dirty_ hack with "push" or some hook.
Not really sure how those behave with -Z.

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.