Re: Problem in mutt editor, not in less

Salut Bruno,

 Le vendredi 8 décembre 2006 à 21:11:03 +0100, Bruno Delalleau écrivait:

> "Pour vous d\351sabonner :" when I use mutt editor.

    Such octalization generaly points to a broken locale. Your
environment is correct, so perhaps the said locale is not installed.
Check what's really available:

| $ locale -a | grep fr_FR
| fr_FR
| fr_FR.ASCII
| fr_FR.CP1252@euro
| fr_FR.CP437
| fr_FR.CP850
| fr_FR.EUC-JISX0213
| fr_FR.EUC-JP
| fr_FR.EUC-JP-MS
| fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
| fr_FR.ISO-8859-15@euro
| fr_FR.UTF-8
| fr_FR.UTF-8@euro

> When I pipe the message through less, I get: "Pour vous désabonner :"

    So your terminal's charset is *not* UTF-8, but Latin-1 or 9. Your
locale must follow this: Export LANG=fr_FR.ISO-8859-1 or else.

| $ printf "d\0351sabonner\n"
| désabonner

    Unrelated: Your $send_charset is suboptimal. Reset it to the
default, or better.

Bye!    Alain.
--
Offrez vos cycles processeur inutilisés à la recherche scientifique:
Projet Folding@home <URL:http://folding.stanford.edu/>.