Re: Sending mail via POP3.

Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Thursday, December  7 at 01:29 AM, quoth Carl Adams:
>> I'm new to Mutt, and have found instructions for getting mail from a
>> POP3 account. Is it possible to send mail via a POP3 server?
>
> Nope. And it's not because mutt is missing the feature, but because
> POP3 is a mail retrieval protocol.

Understood. But like so many others with a POP3 account, I am able to
send mail via that account. This is done in other apps by specifying an
SMTP server associated with the POP3 account, which I loosely nominated
as the "POP3 server". If I rephrase my question thus:

Is it possible to send mail via the SMTP mail server associated with a
POP3 account?

would a more illuminating reply be possible?

Carl Adams.