Re: wich settings for using firefox with mutt ?

Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On 21Nov2006 00:36, Bob Proulx <bob@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| | mess-mate wrote:
| | > YES.. firefox is launched, also when mozilla  is running;
| |
| | You say yes that mozilla is launched when you invoke firefox which
| | says that this cannot be related to mutt or to mailcap.  It must be
| | the firefox wrapper script.  Don't you agree?
|
| Both the firefox and mozilla wrapper scripts probe for a running
| mozilla/firefox, and if it's there will just ask that to open a new
| window.
|
| Turn turn off this annoying behaviour you can set the environment
| variable MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1. So:
|
|   env MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1 /home/mes-mate/firefox/firefox /tmp/somehtmlfile.html
|
| Should do the trick.
| --
Thanks Cameron,
but I give-up. Can't get firefox running from mutt, even if i
removed (de-installed) mozilla.
That export MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1 has no effect.
Mutt WANT mozilla or konqueror, no other x-browser, nor opera nor
amaya, even if i setted the 'alternatives' the right way, even if i
setted 'export BROWSER=/home/mes-mate/firefox/firefox', even if i
linked firefox to /usr/local/bin..:(

mess-mate
--

Consider well the proportions of things.  It is better to be a young June-bug
than an old bird of paradise.