Re: EOM in subject line

Please keep your replies on the mailing list; I'm too busy to provide private
support gratis.

James <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Charles Cazabon wrote:
> > James <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > I send a lot of email that consists solely of a subject line that ends
> > > in EOM.  I want the body of these messages to be blank.  Is there any
> > > way mutt can see the subject ending in EOM and skip the editor portion
> > > of the email creation process?
> >
> > Well, if stdin isn't readable, you get much that effect, i.e.:
> >
> >   $ mutt -s 'This is my subject' recipient@xxxxxxxxxxx </dev/null
> >
> > Does that do what you want?
>
> It's the right effect, and I'm sure I'll use that at the commandline.
> I also want it to happen from within mutt.

Setting editor to "/bin/true" and abort_unmodified to "no" would likely give
you that effect, though I haven't tested it.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:               http://pyropus.ca/software/