using a macro command on tagged messages?

I am wondering if it's possible to use
a macro command on tagged messages.  For example:

My bogofilter spam filter is set up to deliver "spam"
messages to =spam, "good" messages to =inbox, and
"unsure" messages to =unsure.

The "unsure" messages are registered as neither "good"
nor "spam" by bogofilter, so every so often I look at my
=unsure index page and register those messages as either
"good" or "spam".

I have some mutt macros to accomplish this task.  Here
are the relevant lines from my muttrc file:

# the next four will either register a message as spam and save it to =spam
# (the "S" key), or register a message as "good" and save it to =inbox
# (the "G" key).  they're meant to be used from the unsure folder since
# unsure msgs will not have been registered by bogofilter, so no re-registration
# is done.
macro index S "<enter-command>unset wait_key\n<pipe-entry>bogofilter
-s\ns=spam\n<enter-command>set wait_key"
macro pager S "<enter-command>unset wait_key\n<pipe-entry>bogofilter
-s\ns=spam\n<enter-command>set wait_key"
macro index G "<enter-command>unset wait_key\n<pipe-entry>bogofilter
-n\ns=inbox\n<enter-command>set wait_key"
macro pager G "<enter-command>unset wait_key\n<pipe-entry>bogofilter
-n\ns=inbox\n<enter-command>set wait_key"

Most of my "unsure" messages are spam, so the "S" command
works to register these messages as spam and move them to
my =spam folder.

I can tag all messages containing the pattern "UNSURE"
using "T", and that works fine, but when I then try ";S",
the "S" macro command will apply only to the message I
happen to be sitting at, and not to all the tagged
messages.

For other types of (non-macro) commands (e.g. ";s") the
command applies to all tagged messages.  (In this
example, all tagged messages are saved to some folder
that one is asked to specify.)

Is there something about macro commands that prevents
them being used on tagged messages?  Is there a way I can
accomplish what I want?  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any thoughts would be most welcome.

    -- Peter