Re: exim4

Kyle Wheeler wrote:

On Tuesday, November 21 at 08:59 PM, quoth tom:
I am using debian sarge, gkrellm,fetchmail, exim4 and mutt.

Fetchmail is getting the mail from my ISP and it is being put into /var/spool/exim4/input.

How do I get the mail into /var/mail/tom so that I can read it with mutt ?

This seems like an exim4 question... perhaps ask them?

FYI, if you don't need a full exim4 server running, you can have fetchmail deliver your mail directly by telling it to send your email through procmail or something similar instead of handing it to the local mail server (exim4). You can specify that by using the "mda" command in your fetchmailrc.

~Kyle

Ok thanks, I'll try the "mda" command. I dont need exim4. I usually use ssmtp or msmtp but kept getting SMTP connect to local host failed error with either of them when tried to fetch mail, but didn't have "mda" in .fetchmailrc.

Tom