Re: Author name rather than list name for subscribed lists

* Michael Williams <williams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-20-06 20:30]:
>   Now that Mutt knows what your mailing lists are, it can do several
>   things, the first of which is the ability to show the name of a list
>   through which you received a message (i.e., of a subscribed list) in
>   the index menu display. This is useful to distinguish between personal
>   and list mail in the same mailbox. In the $index_format variable, the
>   escape ``%L'' will return the string ``To <list>'' when ``list''
>   appears in the ``To'' field, and ``Cc <list>'' when it appears in the
>   ``Cc'' field (otherwise it returns the name of the author).
>
> I do not find this behaviour useful, since I use procmail to filter all
> my mailing list email into separate mailing boxes. There is therefore no
> need to distinguish between personal and list email. How can I disable
> this behaviour? I.e. how can I get mutt to display the author name
> rather than list name in index view? Is there a simple command to toggle
> this behaviour globally, or do I have to change index_format for those
> mailboxes in which I keep list email?

Look in "The Fine Manual" for "index_format" (para 6.3.92. in 1.5.9i),
and substitute the variable that provides the display you wish.

ie: edit in ~/.muttrc "index_format".

HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2