Re: setting sender address dependent on received address

* Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@xxxxxxxxxx> [11-15-06 22:02]:
> TFM does not have documentation for reply-hook.

??

from the documentation included with 1.5.9i

3.18.  Change settings based upon message recipients

  Usage: reply-hook [!]pattern command
  Usage: send-hook [!]pattern command
  Usage: send2-hook [!]pattern command

> Anyway...
>
> What I want is just the addressee of the incoming maill. And this may
> not be available in headers.
>
> Eg. if I respond to your email, I need to be looking as sending from
> another address than my normal address. Now I do this by explicitely
> editing the from address bwt esc-f. I would like that it took the
> alternate mail address for me, but that is not available in the T._
> or CC: headers. It is only available in the envelopen, and possibly
> in the Received: headers but that is quite unreliable, as it is
> dependant on the individual MTA that I use here. Maybe the adressee
> from the envelope is available in some kind of mutt variable?

I use a small procmail recipe to add the envelope_from address to the
header, "X-Envelope-From:".

# insert hdr: X-Envelope-From:
:0fh

HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2