Re: setting sender address dependent on received address

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 11:08:27AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Keld Jørn Simonsen <keld@xxxxxxxxxx> [11-15-06 10:58]:
> > I would like to set my sender address in a reply depending n how I
> > received the message. So if I received it as one email, Inwould like
> > to send it with the same email address as my sender address. How do I
> > do that?
>
> Look in The Fine Manual for "reply-hook" and/or "send-hook".

TFM does not have documentation for reply-hook.

Anyway...

What I want is just the addressee of the incoming maill. And this may
not be available in headers.

Eg. if I respond to your email, I need to be looking as sending from
another address than my normal address. Now I do this by explicitely
editing the from address bwt esc-f. I would like that it took the
alternate mail address for me, but that is not available in the T._ or
CC: headers. It is only available in the envelopen, and possibly in the
the individual MTA that I use here. Maybe the adressee from the envelope
is available in some kind of mutt variable?

best regards
keld