~b patterns in (reply|send)-hooks

Hello. I think this is my first post (been lurking for a while) so I'll
try to be concise.

I am trying to construct a hook that would change my signature
based on the existance of some specified words in the body of the
message I am replying to.

The obvious path would go something like this:

 reply-hook      '~b word'                       'set
signature="~/.signature.alt"'

which gives me the following error:

 Error in /home/redondos/.mutt/send-hooks, line 21: B: not supported in this
mode

I also tried the same approaches using send hooks without any luck. If
mutt doesn't support this, then can you think of any other way of
achieving the same result?

When -and if- I get this working, should it only work when I tell mutt to
include the message I am replying to's contents, or that wouldn't matter?

If it helps, I am using mutt 1.5.13 connecting to a courier-imap 4.0.6
server, using Maildir format for my mailboxes.

Thanks!

--
redondos