Re: folder-hook evaluation when invoked with email address

* Ryan Underwood <nemesis-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [07-26-06 14:08]:
> mutt -y uunet tries to mail uunet@localhost so I'm not sure what is
> going on.

you have only given part of the address, so mutt assumes (aiui) the
mail is local and adds your local domain, which you have not changed
from the install default "localhost".  If you want mail to "uunet" to
go to a particular address and it is not local, look up aliases in the
muttrc example and the manual/doc file.

> I am using mutt 1.5.11 from Debian.  Having mailto: call a script is
> no problem but I'm not sure exactly what the script should do.

You said that you wanted mutt to evaluate a 'folder-hook'.
'Folder-hooks' are evaluated based on the particular 'folder' that is
open.  The script would have to put you into that folder (cd into it).

Call mutt with a script that passes it the values you wish.  A
folder-hook may be unnecessary.

21:44 wahoo:~ > mutt -help
Mutt 1.5.9i (2005-03-13)
       mutt [ -n ] [ -e <cmd> ] [ -F <file> ] -p
       mutt -v[v]

  -A <alias>    expand the given alias
  -a <file>     attach a file to the message
  -b <address>  specify a blind carbon-copy (BCC) address
  -c <address>  specify a carbon-copy (CC) address
  -e <command>  specify a command to be executed after initialization
  -f <file>     specify which mailbox to read
  -F <file>     specify an alternate muttrc file
  -H <file>     specify a draft file to read header and body from
  -i <file>     specify a file which Mutt should include in the body
  -m <type>     specify a default mailbox type
  -n            causes Mutt not to read the system Muttrc
  -p            recall a postponed message
  -Q <variable> query a configuration variable
  -R            open mailbox in read-only mode
  -s <subj>     specify a subject (must be in quotes if it has spaces)
  -v            show version and compile-time definitions
  -x            simulate the mailx send mode
  -y            select a mailbox specified in your `mailboxes' list
  -z            exit immediately if there are no messages in the   mailbox
  -Z            open the first folder with new message, exit immediately if none
  -h            this help message

You would benefit from some time perusing the manual and the example
muttrc.
HOG # US1244711         Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2