Re: folder-hook evaluation when invoked with email address

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 08:10:48PM -0400, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> * Ryan Underwood <nemesis-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [07-20-06 17:47]:
> > When invoking mutt with an email address as in when it is used as an
> > external MUA for mailto: URLs (i.e.: mutt asdf@xxxxxxxx), how can I
> > get mutt to evaluate folder-hooks?  I would like it to evaluate the
> > hooks for a particular folder if possible (by doing mutt -f uunet
> > asdf@xxxxxxxx), but it doesn't seem to even evaluate the default
> > folder-hooks when invoked in this fashion ....
>
> Don't know how you would get mutt to evaluate folder-hooks when mutt in
> not in a "mail" folder.  IIAC, you are invoking mutt in a single
> purpose atmosphere.
>
> Now, it might be possible to have your "mailto:"; call a script instead
> of mutt, and have mutt opened in a specific folder (mutt -y <folder>)
> and supply the to: address with a variable....

Well, what I'm trying to get it to do at a minimum is to set the From:
address and the PGP signature correctly.  These are done in the default
folder-hooks in my muttrc, but mutt seems to ignore them in this case
when invoked with a recipient address on the command line.  Do you see
what I mean?

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>