header cache

I have build mutt from CVS using --enable-hcache.  I have defined set
header_cache="~/.mutt/headers" in my .muttrc file.  However, it appears
that each time I go to one of my IMAP folders, the mail headers have to
be grabbed again.

Using muttng on the same box with the same /muttrc works well.  What
might be the cause here?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Decisions of the judges will be final unless shouted down by a really
overwhelming majority of the crowd present.  Abusive and obscene
language may not be used by contestants when addressing members of the
judging panel, or, conversely, by members of the judging panel when
addressing contestants (unless struck by a boomerang).
                -- Mudgeeraba Creek Emu-Riding and Boomerang-Throwing
                   Assoc.

Linux salamander 2.6.16.13-4-default i686 GNU/Linux
  7:56pm  up 1 day  5:19,  5 users,  load average: 1.38, 0.89, 0.47