Re: problem with send-hooks

On Fri, 2006-03-17 at 09:29:56 +0100, Per Carlson sent:
>thanks pete! it works as a charm now. still not sure why though...

I'm happy to help!

>i catch that the from header must be 'unset' in the default
>send-hook, but do not understand why it was set to "Bar..." in the
>first place. if it happened after sending a email to "user1..."
>that's understandable, but it also happend just after starting
>mutt and sending a email to "test". imho the from header wouldn't
>be tainted with "From: Bar..." a that time...

That confused me, too, I must confess. I refer you to Alain
Bench's response to my (very similar) query last year:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mutt-users&m=113067850721869&w=2

You may find his comments on CCing lists helpful, too.

>anyway, i works now, and i'm perfectly happy with that :) if it
>ain't broken, don't try to fix it...

That's my philosphy! :-)

Have a good day;

--paj