Re: a file for each mail account

If you're pulling your mail down with fetchmail, then this is a
fetchmail issue, not a mutt issue.  More specifically, it's an issue
for whatever tool you are calling from fetchmail.

My crontab has the following line:

* * * * * fetchmail -as -m "/home/james/bin/mail-filter.pl"

where mail-filter is a script that looks at the mail passed to it by
fetchmail and stores it in the correct maildir.

Hope that helps.