Re: hooks based on email lists?

* On 2006.01.24, in <20060124212655.GN17835@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "James" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I currently have folder hooks to set my from line, but sometimes I
> write to a person from the wrong folder and thus end up sending my
> personal email address to a work colleague.
>
> I would like to split my .alias file into several files, one for each
> email address.  Then I would like mutt to use the folder hook but
> override it based on which list a recipient is on, if a recipient
> is on a list.

This sounds like a job for pattern groups, which were added to CVS just
this month.  Once you define your aliases as members of specific pattern
groups, you'll be able to do send-hooks, send2-hooks, and reply-hooks
based on those groups.  I think.  I haven't actually tried pattern
groups yet. :)

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago