Re: Viewing MS Office Attachments in the console

On Jan 20 16:45, Phil Pennock wrote:
> antiword is decent.  There's a web-page with details of various useful
> extras available at <URL:http://wiki.mutt.org/?MuttTools>.
>
> ~/.mailcap entry:
> application/msword;antiword -t -i 1 -w 72 %s; copiousoutput

This works wonderfully!  Thank you very much.  The output it gives is
exactly what I was hoping for!

> Given the propensity for some mail-clients to attach stuff without an
> informative MIME type, you'll probably also want to put something in the
> list of types which mutt will use your local mime.types for, to override
> the provided type; so:
>
> ~/.muttrc:
>  mime_lookup application/octet-stream
>
> That feature was added during the 1.3 development series.

I am not sure I understand exactly what this does, can you explain it a
bit further?

--
Dave Waxman
dave@xxxxxxxxxx

"Some Scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic
building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity
than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe." - Frank
Zappa