Viewing MS Office Attachments in the console

Unfortunately most of the people I communicate with do not have the
sense to run a useful operating system and thus send me numerous MS Word
documents.  While I can scp them from my mail machine to my Macintosh
workstation; when I am at work or on the road I'd like an easy way to
view these documents, even if the format isn't so wonderful.

I figured the mutt community here would know the best and most
compatible program(s) to do such and even how to configure my .muttrc
to call them properly.  Any advice would be appreciated!

--
Dave Waxman
dave@xxxxxxxxxx

"Such is the human race.  Often it does seem such a pity that Noah... didn't
miss the boat." - Mark Twain