Re: mailboxes take long to open

* On 2006.01.19, in <20060119191843.GA3008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Eric Dan" <ericdan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> i have my inbox separated into 3 folders for mailing lists.
> unfortunately it takes a long time to open those mailing lists folders
> once they fill up. i don't wanna move the mail to mbox because i wanna
> be able to follow the threads. why does mutt count my roughly 2000
> messages before opening the folder and showing the new mail?

It's counting them as it reads them, not before or after.  Enumerating
each message can make it slower, though (depending on how long it takes
to render your screen).  You can set $read_inc to change the increment
for this counter.

        set read_inc=50

Will make it count off only every 50 messages.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago