Re: procmail with mutt

On 17Jan2006 09:22, Gerald Britton <gerald.britton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Thanks!  I've confirmed that the approach outlined below works.
| However, I'm still quite curious about whether (and how) mutt can be
| made to read the messages in a directory.  I see from the mutt
| information, that MH format seems to cover this:
|
| "An MH folder is a directory containing either a .mh_sequences or
| .xmhcache file. Messages are separate files that are numbered
| sequentially. MH is rarely used, most prefer the maildir format."
|
| I created a .mh_sequences file in my folder (touch
| /var/mail/me/.mh_sequences) and started mutt with:
|
| mutt -m MH -f /var/mail/me
|
| Now, mutt starts without errors, but does not display the messages
| that are there.  I suppose it is looking for files with a particular
| naming convention.  Does anyone know what that is?

That would be the convention in the text you quoted: "Messages are
separate files that are numbered sequentially."

If there are only a few messages, just walk in there and go:

        mv -i foo 1
        mv -i bah 2
        mv -i frob 3

etc. Then retry.

If there are lots of messages you will need to script it.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

- Rich Kulawiec
Any sufficiently advanced feature is indistinguishable from a bug.
- Greg Alexander's corollary <galexand@xxxxxxxxxxx>