Re: procmail with mutt

Jeff Macdonald <jmacdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think I know what is going on here. All this has been said in previous
> messages.
>
> 1) /var/mail/$LOGNAME was a directory, not a file
> 2) procmail creates the msg.XXX files because the mailbox is actually a
> directory, not a file (someone else mentioned this)
> 3) this results in a non-supported mailbox format
>
> To fix:
>
> A) decide on a mailbox format
>
> maildir
> 1) make sure /var/mail/$LOGNAME is a directory or doesn't exist

No, not just a directory -- a maildir, with "cur", "new", and "tmp"
subdirectories.  I don't think procmail will create a missing maildir either,
but I could be wrong -- I don't use procmail, partly because its maildir
support was horribly broken for so long.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:               http://pyropus.ca/software/