Re: procmail with mutt

* Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@xxxxxxxxxx> [2006-01-17 16:29 +0100]:
> Am 2006-01-13 15:38:19, schrieb Gerald Britton:
> > Can anyone tell me the right way to get procmail working with mutt?  I
> > have procmailrc set up like this:
> >
> > $ cat /etc/procmailrc
> > # Use mbox-style mailbox in FHS standard directory
> > DEFAULT=/var/mail/$LOGNAME

Please note that there isn't any trailing dot.

> > $ ls /var/mail/me/
> > msg.7QdS  msg.ChmU  msg.MSbU  msg.V_WF  msg.amXT  msg.ikDB  msg.sXSF
> > msg.sXbU  msg.uWtL  msg.wWtL  msg.x3cS
>
> This is a Mailbox in MH style.

Mutt doesn't think so.

> This happen, if you use a filter like
>
> :0
> * 1 From:.*mutt-users
> some_mailbox/.

Such a filter results in:
~> ls rd/TEST/
1       2       3

> pleae note the "." at the end of the Mailbox.
> which mean:
>
>         some_mailbox            produce ONE mailbox file

Or, if some_mailbox is an existing directory in the above. Look in
procmailrc(5) for MSGPREFIX.

> > mutt -f /var/mail/me -m mbox
>                           ^^^^
>                    you are using "mh"

I think this ('-m') will only set $mbox_type, which is only used when
mutt creates new folders. But I haven't verified this in the source.

Nicolas

--
http://www.rachinsky.de/nicolas