Re: gmail over pop3

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 02:19:05PM +0100, Sergio Dominguez wrote:
> this is very very easy, but you're making it awfully complicated. Post your
> .fetchmailrc then (again, please hide passwords)
>
> To what does fetchmail handle the email to in order to be delivered?
>
> Sergio

fetchmail delivers to sendmail (or exim, now), listening on my machine
(127.0.0.1).

The relevant portion of my .fetchmailrc:

poll pop.gmail.com with proto POP3 and
options no dns user 'mygmailid@xxxxxxxxx'
with pass "crackthisifucan"
is 'kumanna' here
options ssl sslcertck
sslcertpath '/home/kumanna/certs/'

Note that I had to acquire and generate certificates from the GMail
server, and do a bit of stuff. Please do refer to
http://souptonuts.sf.net for details.

Kumar