Re: Can't send mail: "Mailing to remote domains not supported"

* On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 Ulrich Scholz (ulrich.scholz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
muttered:
> I cannot send mail!
> Mail Delivery System   Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender
> From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@debian>
> To: scholzuh@debian
> Subject: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

>   my@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     Mailing to remote domains not supported
>
> ------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

This message comes from your own MTA. Is it configured correctly?

It's probalby the case that the receiving MTA does not accept the
message because of the envelope. "debian" is not a FQDN.

> Where should I start for fixing this problem?

set use_from and envelope_from. This might be enough.

If that does not help you need to check the MTA config.

HTH,

Michael
--
Is it possible that software is not like anything else, that it is meant to
be discarded:  that the whole point is to always see it as a soap bubble?

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC1A44DD
Jabber:     init[0]@amessage.de