Re: how to keybing for forwarding spam email with options

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 01:53:39PM +1000, Charlie Allom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to send spam to my spam bayesian bin I follow through with these keys to
> fwd as attachments to a spam-bin email alias:
>
> t (tag multiple messages)
> ;f (forward tagged spam)
> spam<enter> (set email alias to send to on remote system)
> y (to set forward-as-attachment as i have it as 'ask' i think)
> ii<esc>ZZ (to edit the email in vi so mutt doesn't think it's blank)
> f^U<enter> (to unset Fcc:)
> y (to finally send it to the spam alias)
> P (local keybind to Purge email (with trash patch))
>
> how could i make this a keybind? perhaps i should cut my mutt losses and
> just pipe it to a shell script?
>
> anyone else doing something finicky like this?

Well, maybe.  It could be that using the 'push' command will help you
get to where you want to go.  I run mutt 'non interactively' from a
script by using the 'push' command.  Maybe you could bind a key to a
series of 'push'[ed] commands to get what you want.

My (mbox to mdir) script calls mutt with a -F option pointing at the
following:-
    #
    #
    # first get the normal muttrc
    #
    source ~/.mutt/muttrc
    bind generic A tag-prefix
    set  confirmcreate=no
    set  mbox_type=maildir
    #
    #
    #
    #
    push q
    push $DESTFILE\n
    push AC
    push T.\n
maybe you can do something similar and 'source' it from mutt, you
won't want to exit at the end of course.  (Note that you push commands
onto a stack so they execute in reverse order)

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."