Re: Sending mail via gmx.de

Hi,

* Robert Eisig [05-05-30 08:51:40 +0200] wrote:
Rocco Rutte wrote:

[ FQDN ]
OK, I could register a name like my-mail-123.dyndns.org. Does this also mean I will have to make sure, that this name resolves to the IP I am sending the mail from?

IIRC GMX is somewhat strict which means that you probably need reverse lookups to work, too.

But once you have such a FQDN you may use for Message-ID: headers but cannot get reverse lookups to work (as I guess from services like dyndns.org), why not use something like SMTP-AUTH with a lightweight MTA which basically does forwarding only?

 bye, Rocco
--
:wq!