Re: Sending mail via gmx.de

Rocco Rutte wrote:
* Robert Eisig [05-04-17 17:07:37 +0200] wrote:
but i don't have a domainname here because i am sitting behind a dialin-connection. and if i use gmx.net, the mail that is received has a message id ending with @gmx.net - which makes sense in my eyes. correct me if this is stupid.
Of course it is (technically) trivial to add any host to a message id. But usually you need permission to make use of one. If you don't have one, you have two options: (1) try to send mails without the message id or (2) look for someone who'll give you a FQDN (=fully qualified domain name). For the latter, there're many services providing them for free (for a FQDN you don't need a host which is existing or reachable, just a unique name within a domain you have permission to.)

OK, I could register a name like my-mail-123.dyndns.org. Does this also mean I will have to make sure, that this name resolves to the IP I am sending the mail from?

Robert