Can't see posts to mailing lists

Noob question probably -

When I post to a mailing list (any of them) the message does not show
back up in my inbox after it's cycled through the list.  All I have is
a little r saying I've responded, gmail has it in the sent mail, and I
see it in the on-line archives. Most of the lists I'm subscribed to
default to sending the orig back. I'm using msmtp to send mail to
gmail for routing, and the sent mail IS showing up a gmail sent.  It's
getting to be a bit of a pain to check my on-site sent folder
constantly to reference what I've sent.  Using
fetchmail/procmail/exim4, msmtp for off-site send through gmail.

Any pointers appreciated.
--
Regards, Dave
Q:      What do you call the money you pay to the government when