Re: Does not erase messages on server

OK, it seems I will have to switch to cygwin then. I am not giving up on mutt.

Thank you very much for answering. Thanks for all the helpfull advices to everyone :-)

I will get back to the list in a while. Hopefully to tell that everything is fine with cygwin then.

Cheers
Robert

Charles Cazabon schrieb:
Robert Eisig <quantumchaos666@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I am somehow stuck now with mutt on windows, because it doesn't erase the messages on the server after downloading new incoming messages.

Is there another possibility to get the Messages from my Email-Provider to my inbox (unix mailbox, local filesystem), with another windows application?

getmail will run under Cygwin on windows.  It can retrieve from POP3 and IMAP4
mailboxes, with or without SSL, and deliver to mbox files, maildirs, and
external MDAs.  Find it at the URL in my .sig below.

Charles