Connecting to multiple IMAP servers on startup

Dear community,

Here is a problem that I've been looking for a solution for for quite
a while, but haven't found sufficient hints in the documentation to
work it out on my own. There may even not exist a solution.

I have two IMAP accounts on two different servers and use mutt to view
both mailboxes via

  set folder=imaps://mail.swift.is/INBOX.

  mailboxes "!"
  mailboxes "imaps://mail.physics.ubc.ca/
  etc.

Now, each time that I start mutt up, I have to go into the physics
mailbox to connect with the ubc.ca account so that mutt checks wether
new mail arrives in the mailbox.

Is there a way to have mutt connect to both IMAP servers when started?

Cheers,
Martin