Re: exit mutt with clear (screen)

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 03:39:31PM +0200, René Clerc wrote:
> * mess-mate <messmate@xxxxxxx> [11-05-2005 15:18]:
>
> > when quiting mutt the screen (termianl) isn't cleared.
>
> When mutt has quit, it can't clear the screen, of course :)

Hmmm ... when I quit mutt, the contents of mutt get cleared and I'm
returned to the commandline

  08:24:06:> /usr/bin/mutt
  08:30:14:>

I figured it might have something to do with the pager (since less
does the same as mutt, but more leaves the contents on the terminal)
but ...

  08:24:26:> echo $PAGER
  less
  08:24:46:> export PAGER=more
  08:24:56:> /usr/bin/mutt
  08:25:12:>

I'm using mutt 1.5.8i and perhaps this is just a recent feature, but I
cannot remember mutt having ever behaved differently.

We might need the input from a developer on this one..

Cheers,
Martin