Re: mail from dynamic IP (2)

luke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Instead of having mutt use the local sendmail program to send mail,
> how do I get it to use and external SMTP host for all outgoing mail?

I solved the problem by installing ssmtp:

        A secure, effective and simple way of getting mail off a system
        to your mail hub.  It contains no suid-binaries or other
        dangerous things--no mail spool to poke around in, and no daemons
        running in the background.  Mail is simply forwarded to the
        configured mailhost.  Extremely easy configuration.
        .
        WARNING: the above is all it does; it does not receive mail,
        expand aliases or manage a queue.  That belongs on a mail hub
        with a system administrator.

Since I installed it via Debian package, I didn't have to care for
symlinks and such.  Dunno about other systems :-)

Toby