Re: Postfix and fetchmail woes

* Erik Jakobsen <eja@xxxxxxxxxxx> [13-04-2005 18:23]:

> >Ok, so procmail is not called by Postfix.  Then postfix should do
> >local delivery (again, I assume the most obvious)..
>
> I have no running Postfix.

Are you kidding us?  You should have clarified that you (as I see it
now) only use Postfix to *send* mail, and not to *receive* mail..

Because this reduces all of your questions to fetchmail questions.

> I have now received some mails with Mutt.

You mean *viewed*.  Mutt doesn't receive mail (simplification).  Mutt
*handles* mail.

> What are you using instead fo fetchmail?

I have Postfix which *does* receive mail.  And, I use getmail to
retrieve mail from a few POP-accounts (like my provider's) on which I
don't regularly receive mail, but should monitor for anouncements or
such..

> About the wrong uername password.  It has been fixed now.

Yes, I see..

> I have switched off the Mozilla mailer now.

Good thing.  Use mutt!

[...]

> fetchmail: IMAP> A0002 STARTTLS
> fetchmail: IMAP< A0002 OK Begin TLS negotiation now.
> fetchmail: Issuer Organization: SomeOrganization
> fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: localhost.localdomain
> fetchmail: Server CommonName: localhost.localdomain
> fetchmail: Server CommonName mismatch: localhost.localdomain != urbakken.dk
> fetchmail: urbakken.dk key fingerprint:
> 1F:17:2D:5D:A3:FA:C3:0E:52:F5:D0:90:83:EA:0A:36
> fetchmail: Warning: server certificate verification: self signed certificate
> fetchmail: Issuer Organization: SomeOrganization
> fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: localhost.localdomain
> fetchmail: Server CommonName: localhost.localdomain
> fetchmail: Server CommonName mismatch: localhost.localdomain != urbakken.dk
> fetchmail: Warning: server certificate verification: self signed certificate

[1]

> fetchmail: IMAP< * SEARCH 1
> fetchmail: IMAP< A0007 OK Search completed.
> 1 message for bbbb at urbakken.dk.
> fetchmail: IMAP> A0008 FETCH 1 RFC822.SIZE
> fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 FETCH (RFC822.SIZE 3932)
> fetchmail: IMAP< A0008 OK Fetch completed.
> fetchmail: IMAP> A0009 FETCH 1 RFC822.HEADER
> fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 FETCH (RFC822.HEADER {2650}
> reading message cccc@xxxxxxxxxxx:1 of 1 (2650 header octets)
> fetchmail: SMTP< 220 lajka3.urbakken.dk ESMTP Postfix
> fetchmail: SMTP> EHLO localhost
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250-lajka3.urbakken.dk
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250-PIPELINING
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250-SIZE 10240000
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250-VRFY
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250-ETRN
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250 8BITMIME
> fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<kde-bounces-+erik=urbakken.dk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> BODY=7BIT SIZE=3932
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Ok
> fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<cccc@localhost>
> fetchmail: SMTP< 550 <cccc@localhost>: Recipient address rejected: User
> unknown in local recipient table
> fetchmail: SMTP error: 550 <cccc@localhost>: Recipient address rejected:
> User unknown in local recipient table
> fetchmail: SMTP listener doesn't like recipient address `cccc@localhost'

[2]

> fetchmail: SMTP< 220 lajka3.urbakken.dk ESMTP Postfix
> fetchmail: SMTP> HELO localhost
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250 lajka3.urbakken.dk
> fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<FETCHMAIL-DAEMON@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Ok
> fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<kde-bounces-+erik=urbakken.dk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Ok
> fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
> fetchmail: SMTP< 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
> fetchmail: SMTP: (bounce-message body)
> fetchmail: SMTP>. (EOM)
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Ok: queued as 4A4CC6A0FC
> fetchmail: SMTP> QUIT
> fetchmail: SMTP< 221 Bye
> fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<erikja@localhost>
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Ok
> fetchmail: no address matches; forwarding to erikja.
> fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
> fetchmail: SMTP< 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
> #
> fetchmail: IMAP< )
> fetchmail: IMAP< A0009 OK Fetch completed.
> fetchmail: IMAP> A0010 FETCH 1 BODY.PEEK[TEXT]
> fetchmail: IMAP< * 1 FETCH (BODY[TEXT] {1282}
>  (1282 body octets) **********************.********
> fetchmail: IMAP< )
> fetchmail: IMAP< A0010 OK Fetch completed.
> fetchmail: SMTP>. (EOM)
> fetchmail: SMTP< 250 Ok: queued as 674796A104
>  flushed

[3]

> There is some errors I can see.

[1] is not an error - the server is using an example certificate, and
    the TLS librarie of fetchmail complains a little about that.

[2] I don't know enought of fetchmail to see what's exactly going
    wrong here.  It seems as if fetchmail uses SMTP to receive
    messages it fetches, and that the SMTP "handler" or something
    doesn't know what to do with messages for "cccc".

[3] It does know what to do with messages for "erikja".

> Why are they here, and what can I do about it ?.

Take them to a fetchmail mailing list.

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 0x9ACE0AC7

Retteb sif lahd, noces ehttub, but the second half is better.
-A palindrome