Re: Organising Mail

* Seamus Cawley <seamusc@xxxxxxxxxxx> [04-13-05 15:05]:
> I use mutt with two mbox files.
> One is where all my mail comes into and the other is where all read mail
> goes into.
> Now obviously the second file is getting quite large.
> The catch however is that I don't really want to use procmail to send
> mail into lots of different files.
> I like it all in one place. (I use macros to find the message i'm
> looking for)
> What i'm wondering though is is there a better way as the second folder
> now takes a few seconds to load

search /usr/share/doc/packages/mutt/manual.txt.gz

for save-hook

save-hook [!]pattern filename
        When a message matches pattern, the default file name when
        saving it will be the given filename.

note:  it is important to set a default to be used when the
present pattern does not fit.
HOG # US1244711          Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery